Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#SchwarzkopfGliss #blissofGliss #CollectiveBias
Once upon a time I had really nice hair! Then I got bored and started experimenting. I cut, dyed, bleached, permed- you name it, I probably did it to my poor mane! I’ve recently been on a journey to achieve beautiful, healthy hair again!
I’m so happy that while searching for some products to give my hair a little TLC, I have finally found products I love, and most importantly, work! Say hello to the Schwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultimate Repair products! I picked up the Schwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultimate Repair shampoo, conditioner and anti-damage mask at my local CVS! I’ve heard nothing but great things about the products. I for one, am super impressed! My tresses feel transformed after using the Gliss™ Ultimate Repair products! Seriously, the difference in my hair is definitely noticeable! The Ultimate Repair Shampoo & Conditioner won an Allure Best of Beauty Award for best shampoo & conditioner for damaged hair! The Ultimate Repair Masks won Product of the Year – Most Innovated Hair Treatment of 2018 & also won the People® Beauty Award for Best Hair Mask in 2017!
Hair unfortunately loses keratin over time. GLISS’ Hair-Identical keratin replaces the lost keratin for re-gained strength and smoother hair surface. The exclusive, patented Liquid Keratin Repair Technology repairs up to 10 layers deep! My hair feels so much better ever since I started using the products! Best of all they can be used regularly, not only when you’re having a hair crisis!
Tips For Beautiful Hair!
Lay off the heat: I try my best to lay off the heat as much as possible. And if I do by chance straighten my hair, I try to make it last! Dry shampoo has definitely been a staple to use! It helps to absorb the oil in your hair, therefore making your style last longer!
Get creative: I like to get creative with ways to style my hair without having to apply too much more heat to my hair! I’ll start off with straight hair for a day or two, then I’ll braid it at night and rock the wavy look for a few days after that! It’ll eventually end up in a chic messy bun!
Massage: Massage your scalp! Not only does the massage feel great, but it helps to stimulate your hair follicles!
Moisturize: Using products likeSchwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultimate Repair will help to make sure your hair is moisturized and in tip top shape!
Asides using the awesome Schwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultimate Repair products in order to achieve beautiful hair, I’ve also been more cautious to other factors that could cause damage to my hair. Some I had no idea, were damaging my hair!
7 Weird Things You May Not Know Were Damaging Your Hair:
- 1. Water
- Yes, the same thing that cleans our hair can also damage our hair. Salt water and chlorinated water are the worst offenders. Every time you wet your hair, your color fades and leaving your hair wet for too long causes the hair to swell, which can cause splits and breakages.
- Water is the number one reason why you can still find that your hair is breaking or has split ends even if you never blow-dry your hair.
- 2. Brushing
- It’s a myth that you should brush your hair a hundred times a day to have healthy shiny hair. It doesn’t help at all. It’s also more likely that brushing the wrong way is damaging your. This is called mechanical damage.
- Be extra gentle when brushing your hair and it’s worth investing in a good quality brush.
- 3. Twirling
- Dirt from your hands transfers across to your hair making it heavy and limp. The constant touching causes breakage as well. Note to self, keep your hands out of your hair!
- 4. Hair Accessories (like elastics and pretty hair pins)
- Elastics are not the gentlest on your hair. They snag and cause breakages, especially at the ends of your hair where it’s weaker.
- Here’s a tip to make these bands and accessories safer to use. When you’re removing them from your hair, spritz them with the Schwarzkopf Fiber Therapy Leave In Conditioner Spray and also spray some on the ends of your hair. The bands and clips will slide right out, plus you treat your hair at the same time. It’s a win-win.
- 5. Your Handbag
- Wearing a shoulder bag or cross body bag, you’re often catching your hair underneath the strap. That regular wear and tear on the same side of your head causes split end breakages. Eventually your hair will just snap off.
- 6. Your Pillow
- Not putting your hair to bed properly at night is also causing damage. We didn’t really think that a pillowcase would make a big difference until we switched to silk. Not only is it so much smoother on your hair, it reduces frizz and stops those pillow creases forming.
- 7. Wearing the Same Style Everyday
- It may seem easier to wear the same ponytail or bun every day but it’s damaging your hair.
- Tight hairstyles constrain your hair, and placing your hair band in the same place daily will cause a ring of breakage around your hair.
Great facts to know right? I definitely plan on investing in some silk pillowcases and will be more aware of the hairstyles I do and accessories I use!
CVS has an awesome promotion going on right now. From from Sunday 3/11 – Saturday 3/17 Gliss will be on sale for 2 for $10 – Buy one get one free!
Do you have any tips on achieving beautiful hair? Have you tried Schwarzkopf Gliss™ products?
Let me know in the comments! And stay up to date with Gliss by following them on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube!