*I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for the Cord Blood Registry. I received promotional item to thank me for my participation.*
A few weeks ago I attended an event to learn more about Cord Blood Banking at The Russian Tea room in NYC. I am SO happy I went to this event.I learned so much about Cord Blood Banking thanks to CBR (Cord Blood Registry). It’s surprising how an amazing thing such as Cord Blood Banking isn’t that well known yet.Less than 10% of people opt to do cord blood banking!Some physicians don’t even know about Cord Blood Banking! I hope that changes soon and becomes the norm in peoples birthing plans.
At the event Shelley Connelly shared her story on how Cord Blood Banking helped to change her daughter Peyton’s life. Watch a video of their story and others here. Her story truly touched my heart. I didn’t bank my daughters cord blood, but I definitely plan on banking the cords of my future children.
5 Facts You Should Know:
- Cord Blood Banking is painless. Doesn’t hurt mama or the baby!
- The cost is about $2,000 and about $130 a year to store.
- Cord blood stem cells have been used in the treatment of more than 80 conditions, including certain cancers, blood disorders, immune deficiencies, and metabolic disorders.
- CBR gives families hope for a healthier future through the Newborn Possibilities Program. Through this program, CBR offers free cord blood and tissue processing and five years of storage to qualifying families.
- CBR is advancing stem cell research by partnering with leading research institutions to establish FDA-regulated clinical trials, exclusive to CBR families.
Cord Blood Banking is amazing.
Have you banked your baby’s cord blood before?
If you haven’t would you consider it in the future?
Let me know in the comments!